There is not one litre of the ocean in the world that does not contain tiny microscopic plastic beads
– Professor Marc Cohen,
RMIT University VIC
Does the picture above says it all? Or we have to let you know that even your unborn child has toxic flowing thru her blood in order to wake your awareness? Unfortunately I wasn't trying to scare you, it is the fact.
According to the tests results from Environmental Working Group (EWG), more than 200 toxic chemicals were identified in the umbilical cord blood of unborn babies, 210 different toxic chemicals in blood and urine tests of average adults. Almost each adult carries 91 of toxic chemicals in the bodies.
Babies are being born pre- polluted with over 287+ synthetic manmade chemicals in their little umbilical cords”
– Dr Sarah Lantz, Qld University
Author: Chemical Free Kids
WHAT COULD TOXIC CHEMICALS COULD DO TO US?
- Foggy thinking
- Low libido
- Weight gain
- Reprogram our normal cells to become fat cells and cause our fat cells to multiply
- Obesity linked to Diabetes and Heart Disease
- Ovarian Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
Endocrine Disrupting chemicals cause
- Breast, Ovarian & Testicular Cancers
- Hashimoto’s, Thyroid illnesses
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON TOXINS / CHEMICALS CAN BE FOUND ON OUR COUNTERS?
Not only few chemicals commonly found in your everyday products, there are many more you should definitely avoid as well (as we have mentioned in previous articles , what we touch or apply on skin would be absorbed in as fast .) . Almost all personal, skin, cosmetics products contain petrochemicals. Let’s discuss the classes of chemicals in your everyday products :
• Parabens also known as Methylparaben, Propylparaben, IIsoparaben, Butylparaben.
Parabens are a group of chemicals widely used as preservatives in the cosmetic industry. The use of these chemicals as preserving systems have decreased somewhat over recent years due to the increase in consumer awareness of their detrimental affects. Whilst this is great, the truth is, the chemicals the cosmetics industry have replaced the parabens with are believed to be even more damaging to health than the parabens themselves.
Unfortunately Parabens are still found in many products so it is important to detail their detrimental affects. Parabens have been linked to possible carcinogenic activity.
When someone is being exposed to the continued use of parabens as preservatives, the parabens are believed to have an estrogenic impact on the body, with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) linking methyl parabens in particular to metabolic, developmental, hormonal, and neurological disorders, as well as various cancers.
Studies have shown that the estrogenic impact in relation to the extended use of parabens can lead to diminished muscle mass, extra fat storage, and male gynecomastia (breast growth). Parabens are low-cost synthetic preservatives. Many large cosmetic brands have funded studies in the hope of proving that prolonged usage is safe; all studies failed.
• Phthalates are endocrine disrupting, plasticizing ingredients and have been linked to hormonal health challenges, birth defects in the reproductive system of boys and lower sperm-motility in adult men, among other problems. 1
• Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) chemicals used in shampoo, hand and body wash, hand sanitizers and many other products to prevent bacteria from developing, which may have detrimental effects on the immune and nervous systems.
• Toluene is made from petroleum or coal tar, and is found in most synthetic fragrances, therefore in most products as almost all of the products on the market today contain synthetic fragrance of some sort. Chronic exposure has been linked to anemia, lowered blood cell count, liver and kidney damage, and may affect a developing fetus.
• Triclosan is a registered pesticide. It is an antimicrobial active ingredient contained in a variety of products where acts to slow or stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, and mildew. Found in a large number of personal care products including deodorants, toothpaste (purportedly to stop gingivitis) and in antibacterial products. Brushing your teeth with any toothpaste containing Triclosan can expose you to the harmful effects that include impaired heart and muscle function and hypothyroidism. 2
Triclosan is commonly added to antibacterial soaps and body washes, toothpastes and certain cosmetics, as well as furniture, kitchenware, clothing and toys. 3 Recently banned in America in antibacterial hand sanitisers, it is still allowed in the other products as aforementioned. Triclosan is a recognized wildlife and environmental toxin.
• Silicones and siloxanes (Dimethicone found in skincare) These chemicals have marked effects on the adrenal glands and liver. They are classed as wildlife and environmental toxins.
• Amines : TEA, DEA, MEA Sever skin and respiratory irritation. Suspected Carcinogen, suspected kidney, cardiovascular, liver toxin and toxic to the nervous and immune systems
THE REALITY AND HIDDEN SECRETS
All of these chemicals are known to be associated with human health problems, they could cause developmental disorder, autoimmune diseases and suppress the immune system, infertility issues, endometriosis, fibroids, PCOS, some as serious and potentially fatal as cancer. We all know that we can not live inside a bubble and avoid all sort of chemicals (yes, even water is a chemical, we are talking about toxic chemical here tho) but we CAN start detoxifying and reducing the usage (or being exposed) of harmful chemical products.
DETOX AND MINIMIZING
Detoxifying is vitally important especially in today’s world, however, detoxifying simply isn’t enough. Minimizing any chemicals exposure will assist in helping to avoid the illnesses that have become almost commonplace. There is a greater awareness of the need to return to as natural as possible in all things including food, personal, skin and cleaning household products.
The challenge is big corporations are jumping on the increased demand by consumers for healthier products and are, as such “green-washing”. Green-washing means that they (the companies) are using the word "natural" and “organic” to deceive and confuse consumers and that is why education is the key.
It is only when we are educated can we make informed choices. The simple truth is that companies will only stop making products that are detrimental to our health, the health of our children and of our planet when we stop buying them.
Start reducing, then removing the chemical burden you place on your body every day is vitally important in minimizing the detrimental effects that are now scientifically proven to harm our body and that of our children.
The simplest way you can minimize this burden is by switching to certified organic and trustworthy natural products and committing to, as much as humanly possible, a chemical free home and life.
Feel free to message us and get to know more about the details in the products or stay tuned for more wellness blog posts.